In order to initiate efforts to develop a plan of action for the Resolve Resolution 1 passed at the Tennessee Annual Conference 2018 pertaining to school shootings, the Caney Fork River District made a conscious effort to host an event at McMinnville First UMC to start work on this issue.
At the event, the group identified ways to combat the growing acts of violence by giving students and adults the opportunity to conference with one another.
This process allowed them to build self-esteem and long lasting friendships. This event is only the beginning in a process where the district will continue to develop ways to curb, and hopefully eradicate, these senseless acts.
Jeff Streszoff led this session, which was entitled Wondrousyou.
Wondrous you is
- A group of people committed to creating a community where everyone has the opportunity to be seen, heard, and valued.
- A place where we can love and serve one another by simply taking time to hear each other’s stories.
Wondrous you events are
- places where people can come together to hear each other’s stories.
- places where people who come from different backgrounds and various walks of life can find connection.
- places where everyone has the opportunity to be seen, heard, and valued because we believe everyone is wondrous!
With this training, we were able to implement this to be taken back to our churches and communities. It is our hope and vision in the Caney Fork River District that we will lead the way in creating a better world through the teachings of Christ.
For more information:
Rev. Ricky Lee, district leadership strategist Caney Fork River District
About Wondrous You: https://www.wondrousyou.org/