Lead Teacher & Asst. Teacher
BUMC Early Learning Center
A full-time, year-round, childcare center onsite at Brentwood UMC
(Some part-time shifts available.)
Send resumes to email@example.com
Monday – Friday, 9a – 6p (Full-time)
Monday – Friday, Noon – 6p (part-time)
BUMC ELC teachers minister to the needs of young children and their families by providing a safe, loving, Christian environment to foster intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth and development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• To work with co-teachers to execute a curriculum to meet children’s intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs within the guidelines of developmentally appropriate practice according to the NAEYC standards
• To create, in cooperation with co-teachers, experiences, activities, and opportunities for learning through play which are process-oriented rather than product-oriented
• To help arrange rooms and organize materials to provide a safe, warm, and developmentally appropriate environment for children
• To provide insights in assessing capabilities and needs of each individual child
• To develop a warm relationship with each child
• To provide appropriate care for any child regardless of his/her health or physical situation.
• To contribute to the center community by preparation for and participation in all staff meetings, planning sessions, special events, in-services, 18 hours of continuing education, and professional study
• To work as a team member to contribute ideas, create curriculum, and maintain a high standard of quality
• To be timely and organized about required paperwork (attendance, accident reports, daily reports, etc.)
• To provide parents with details on children’s experiences through notes, etc.
• To adhere to the policies and procedures stated in the BUMC Early Learning Center staff handbook
• To communicate regularly with the Director concerning any needs, concerns, or problems
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
• Relates and communicates well with children and families
• Ability to plan and implement curriculum while being flexible in receiving assignments and adapting to changes in the program
• Passion for teaching young children
• Works well with others
• Ability to deal sensitively and confidentially with parent concerns and to develop professional relationships with parents
• Reliable and punctual
• Willing to accept supervision to improve work performance
• Supportive of the Christian values & the purpose, principles, and ministries of Brentwood United Methodist Church
Education and Experience Requirements
• Prefer a minimum of a CDA or equivalent
• Prefer to be working on an Associates or bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or Early Childhood Special Education
• Experience working with young children in a development preschool preferred
This position operates in a childcare setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety procedures and precautions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a childcare setting. Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to work outside on playground. Position is active and is required to bend, twist, kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawls. Employee is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must pick up and carry children occasionally and lift other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
The BUMC ELC has two full-time shifts (7a – 4p and 9a – 6p), Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Monthly staff meetings are schedule after hours. Attendance is mandatory.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.