Position Type: Non-Exempt
Category: Part-time position, 20-25 hours/week
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare job opening announcements for posting on various job sites
• Assist with recruitment and interview process tracking status of candidates, scheduling interviews, and following up with applicants
• Process applications and resumes as requested maintaining files per HR retention policies and procedures
• Maintain accurate information and documents in HRIS timekeeping & payroll system
• Reconcile monthly benefit statements
• Assist with preparation of annual performance review process
• Understand all employees benefits and assist with annual Open Enrollment
• Process background checks for employees
• Understand and interpret basic HR policies and procedures with staff
• Coordinate updates to the Staff Portal Webpage in cooperation with Communications Department
• Process purchase orders requests and make purchases as requested
• Prepares new employee files while maintaining accurate documents in all employee files
• Makes photocopies, mails, scans, and emails documents and performs other clerical functions as requested
• Keep staff organizational chart up to date and create employee nametags and building door signage as needed
• Work with HR manager on various projects throughout the year such as monthly staff meeting, other all-staff gatherings and activities, birthday acknowledgements, and employee recognition
• Maintain high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
• Provide backup receptionist duties for the church as scheduled
• Competency in Microsoft Office software and other web-based technology with ability to learn computer programs quickly and use them proficiently (e.g. Arena church management system, event scheduling & registration software, and calendaring software)
• Understand basic finance and budgeting processes
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
• Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
• Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
• Enjoys a team environment and is service-oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associate degree in business administration or human resource related field preferred
• Two (2) – three (3) years of human resource related experience preferred
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operations in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position is mostly sedentary and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 20 – 25 hours per week.
There is no travel required for this position.
Submit resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org