We’re looking for an artist capable of developing graphic layouts, branding elements, and multimedia. Design responsibilities include conceptualization and design of series art, branding and logos, apparel, posters, booklets, and other print or digital work to communicate the mission of Brentwood UMC.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintain brand standards for Brentwood UMC, its ministries, and other campuses
• Conceptualize graphics for Brentwood UMC ministries and programs
• Develop layout templates for weekly print projects, recurring programs, and annual giving campaigns
o Posters, worship bulletin, fliers, workbooks, annual reports, devotionals, etc.
• Provide web and social graphics for use by Digital Content Coordinator and other ministries
• Adhere to timelines as assigned by Project Manager
• Print and assemble in-house print materials as needed
• Organize and manage online assets library
• Develop mood boards as needed
• Proficient in Adobe applications such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop to conceptualize and develop projects for web/print layouts
• Intermediate to advanced Illustrator knowledge and skills
• Ability to work a project through phases from concept (based on creative brief) to rough layouts to final layouts
• Knowledge of pre-press formats and specifications to properly prepare press-ready art layout for submission to vendors
• Knowledge of web/app formats and specifications to properly save artwork for web use
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
• Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual art, or equivalent experience
• Two (2) – five (5) years of related experience
• Photography and photo editing experience a plus
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operations in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position can be sedentary and is required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday –Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.