Family Ministries Coordinator
An effective coordinator will develop and nurture a ministry for all types of families including children and youth, striving to guide and support the parishioners of Hermitage United Methodist Church as they grow in their Christian faith. The coordinator must understand the home as a setting for spiritual formation and provide relevant and intentional ministry for all families through the church and in the community. The family ministry coordinator will work to provide family members including children and youth opportunities to grow in their relationship with God and respond to that relationship faithfully in the church and the world.
This is a full –time position and will be responsible to the Senior Pastor and the HUMC Executive Director.
Spiritual Gifts and Qualifications Helpful for the Job
- This ministry coordinator benefits from having several of these spiritual gifts: servanthood, teaching, exhortation (encouragement), leadership, administration, helping, and shepherding. This leader should show evidence of passion for family ministry, prior effective ministry leadership, and active and growing discipleship.
- Useful skills for this position are strong communication skills, the ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages, the ability to work with other ministry leaders, and the ability to delegate responsibility and follow up to complete tasks.
- This leader should show genuine interest in responding to the hopes and concerns of all families so that all family units are affirmed, and ministry is launched for transformation of the community.
- Minimum of 2-year experience working in a children/youth ministry in a local church.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- The coordinator will maintain a healthy and growing spiritual life and will lead other teachers and leaders to do the same.
- The coordinator needs to be familiar with the congregation’s overall goals and how they are achieved through the congregation’s ministry with families.
- The coordinator will work with others to plan and carry out ministry with families in a varied and wide-ranging program that includes worship, study, fellowship, service opportunities and so forth.
- The coordinator will build networks with community organizations and people to connect the congregation with the community for a strong program. The coordinator will look for new ministry opportunities.
- The coordinator will guide the work of this ministry throughout the year, including planning agendas and curriculum, presiding at its meetings, and other activities.
- The coordinator will plan and schedule training for ministry volunteers, as necessary.
- The coordinator must complete the Safe Spaces Ministry Training provided by the WKTN Annual Conference within the first month of employment. Courses are available online.
- The first year on staff will be a probationary period. The candidate will be provided with semi –annual reviews from the Hermitage United Methodist Church Senior Pastor and the Executive Director (more often if necessary)
- Provide administrative support and guidance for program requirements to include, but not limited to:
- Timely and accurate communication of assigned events and services
- Oversee purchase order process and maintenance of family ministry budget records
- Oversee/delegate tasks related to mailings, room reservations, and general record keeping
- Submit background checks for department volunteers
- Attend staff and other departmental meetings
- Organize and coordinate documentation and database management as required (ACS software)
- Post content provided by pastors and other team members to webpages, social media, and other church communications
- Manage participant registrations for assigned events and classes
- Plan and coordinate opportunities and events for all members of the family to complement the other aspects of HUMC-Worship and Small Groups
- Provide foundation and resources for Children and Youth ministry volunteers
- Participate and assist with other activities and programs within the church
- Be available to meet with the pastor, staff, and other congregation members, through regularly scheduled office hours
- This person must communicate all issues and concerns to the Senior Pastor and Executive Director in a timely manner
Hermitage United Methodist Church
205 Belinda Drive
Hermitage, TN 37076
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2021