- This event has passed.
Wonder, Love and Praise Worship Retreat
February 3, 2019 - February 6, 2019
Lakeshore Camp and Retreat Center, the Board of Ordained Ministry, and worship leaders throughout the Memphis Conference have joined together to offer an alternative to Continuing Education events which only feature talking heads, rushed schedules, and endless notetaking. Take part in a worshiping community for three days following the best methods of Methodism. The Wesleyan daily worship schedule will serve as our guide.
- When was the last time you were lost in wonder, love and praise?
- When was the last worship service you attended for which you were not responsible?
- When did you worship last without attending to service details or providing the sermon?
- When did you last have the luxury of allowing spirited music to wash over you and provide a balm in Gilead?
- When did you last allow worship to do all its holy work within you?
Join us for three days of worship, prayer, Spiritual Direction, and Sabbath rest at Lakeshore. Bring a heart that needs rest and renewal; bring a spirit that could stand some refreshment; bring an open mind ready for trustworthy guides; bring all the silence you can stand, ready to allow holy solitude and spiritual songs to work their restoration in all of us together! In a retreat style that connects with the cycle of daily hours, Iona, and Taize, February 3-6 promises revival along with a time-tested and trustworthy antidote to burned-out and worn-out faith life. Come to the TN River and Lakeshore Camp and Retreat Center for wonder, love and praise!
For clergy or lay who know the power of worship to renew, to restore, and revive!