- This event has passed.
Faith Forum: Conversations on Race
February 8 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
About this Event
We hope you will join us at Brentwood UMC on Saturday, February 8 for a community-wide conversation on how we as Christians can and should address racism in our communities.
Hear from a variety of community leaders such as:
- Rev. Stephen Handy, Senior pastor at McKendree UMC
- Dr. Doug Meeks, Professor Emeritus of Vanderbilt Divinity School
- Anthony Hendricks, Professor at Williamson College
- Tabitha Mundy, President of TN UMC Commission on Race and Religion
- Nick Cavin, local Nashville activist
- Tammy Bullock, Director of Transitional Housing at the Nashville Rescue Mission and community activist
- Rev. Davis Chappell, Senior Pastor at Brentwood UMC
- Rev. Toi King, Brentwood UMC
- Rev. Allison Gossett, Brentwood UMC
The morning will include individual speakers, panel discussion, worship and group conversations at round tables. We hope you will join us for this much needed conversation to see our churches come together and see what God has in store for us as the Church.
The conference will begin at 9 a.m. Check-in opens at 8:30 a.m. Light refreshments and coffee will be served.
Also join us for a Chew and Chat lunch after the morning event to continue the conversation starting at 12:15 p.m. Please select the Conference + Lunch ticket to reserve your spot. Lunch is $10 at the door.
Free childcare is available (infants through fifth grade) with prior registration by January 31. Please click here to register.