|18th ANNUAL NATIVE AMERICAN RESOURCE DAY
MARCH 1 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
LaVergne UMC, 248 Waldron Rd, La Vergne, TN 37086
There is an 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. service if you would like to attend
Registration begins at 1:30 p.m. Join us for an afternoon of fellowship as we share with you some of the past, present and future.
Per The Book of Discipline, the Committee on Native American Ministries (CONAM) is charged with promoting and resourcing this Special Offering Sunday. We have garnered or developed resources for the local church. There is so much to learn about Native American cultures, traditions, spirituality and way of life.
- There will be an emphasis on understanding that Native American Ministries is vital. The 2010 Census in Tennessee listed 55,000 Native Americans with dual heritage-which included 20,000+ federally recognized Native Americans.
- This Committee remains in The Book of Discipline. The members of the committee are committed to the focus of working with Native Americans in Tennessee, in the communities and the local church
- There will light snacks at the time of registration. During this time, visit our displays and bookstore. *There will be a traditional meal so we can break bread together.
- To be good stewards of materials (printed and food!) please reply by February 24th
- This message has been sent to the local church Native American representative, worship chair and lay leader. *Lay leaders please share with your congregation. *Pastors are encouraged to attend.
- Information presented crosses over to how groups can use the materials-UMW, UMM, youth, small group studies.
Co-Chairs, CONAM: Pat Bryan & Debbie Fitzhugh, For further information: Mary T Newman, coordinator, Native American Ministries email@example.com; 615-308-4495
PLEASE REPLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and church.