Choral & Instrumental Coordinator
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Category: Regular, Full-time position
Reports to: Director of Worship & Arts/Organist
Ministry Summary/Objective: The mission of the Worship & Arts Department is to provide opportunities to worship and glorify God, touch lives, and find inspiration to be the hands and feet of Christ in our world. This position provides administrative support for choral and instrumental choirs & ensembles while also supporting Worship & Arts concerts/events as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Coordinate logistics, materials, and overall administrative support for all choirs and ensembles
• Purchase, catalog, and maintain sheet music department library
• Prepare materials for choir and ensemble rehearsals
• Assist with Wednesday evening Children’s choir setup and remain available for administrative duties through the rehearsals
• Assist directors and volunteer tour leaders in planning and registration for children and youth choir tours, retreats and special concerts
• Maintain the organization and cleanliness of chancel area, choir practice room, and robing room
• Participate in and contribute to the Worship & Arts Team bringing new process ideas to the team for continuous improvement of the department
• Attend BUMC staff and other departmental meetings (e.g., monthly staff meetings, weekly department meetings, weekly worship planning meetings, and L3 team meetings)
• Serve as backup to Worship Coordinator with administrative & worship service support attending Sunday morning services as needed for coordination of volunteers and clergy as needed
• Support special services and events to include, but not limited to, Holy Week, Easter, Hanging of the Greens, Advent concerts, Christmas Eve, fundraising events and other concerts as assigned
• Attend BUMC staff and other departmental meetings (e.g. monthly staff meetings, weekly department meetings, weekly worship planning meetings, and L3 team meetings)
• Ensure timely and accurate communication of assigned Worship & Arts events and services
• Provide administrative support to assigned areas to include, but not limited to:
o Timely and accurate communication of assigned events and services
o Coordinate scheduling of rooms and other facility related needs
o Assist in preparation of weekly bulletin as requested
o Prepare and send mailings and bulk emails as requested
• Assist in managing participant registrations, records & forms, financial information, etc. for assigned events, retreats, and choir tours
• Assist in processing of purchase orders and maintenance of financial records
• Back up Reception Desk as requested
WEB-PAGE & DATABASE DUTIES:
• Timely and accurate data entry, management, and up-keep of database information for assigned projects
• Run Arena reports and prepare presentations of data as assigned
• Post content provided by directors to webpages and social media sites
• High level of competency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and ability to learn other computer programs quickly and use them proficiently (e.g. Arena church management system, eSpace for event scheduling)
• Understanding of basic finance and budgeting processes
• Competency in web-based technology
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
• Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks with a positive attitude
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
• Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
• Enjoys a team environment and is service-oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Arts, or Music Administration or related field and/or equivalent experience/certification required
• Three (3) – five (5) years of administrative experience required
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. This position routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position is mostly sedentary and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time while coordinating worship services and other special events. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Employee will be present on Wednesday evenings during the school year to support Children music ministry. Wednesday absences should not exceed 3-4 Wednesdays during the year unless there are extenuating circumstances and absence is approved in advance by the supervisor.
Occasional evening, weekend, and Sunday morning work required for special worship services.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.
Contact and submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org