Job Title: Childcare Summer Assistant (3-6 years old)
Type: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt, temporary position, June 1st, 2021- July 26th, 2021 with a possibility of continuing to work in a similar position in the school year.
Hours: 3 hours/ week onsite. After August 1st, 2021 there may be an opportunity to increase to 6 hours. Occasional extra hours for special church events may be available.
Rate: $13 per hour
Reports to: Childcare Coordinator and Childcare Summer Lead
Summary: Belmont United Methodist Church is a community of Christ-followers growing in love of God and neighbor. This is what we at Belmont UMC believe Christian discipleship is, what we are to be, and what Jesus meant when he sent his followers to “make disciples.” We believe every person is of sacred worth and created in God’s image. We commit to Jesus’ example of inclusive love, care, and intentional hospitality with persons of every race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, faith story, physical or mental ability, economic status, or political perspective. We respect our diversity of opinion and expressions of faith. Therefore, as God loves us, so let us love and serve in the name of Christ.
This position supports this mission by providing caring and safe childcare to Belmont’s children. The Childcare Summer Lead is responsible for providing a safe and welcoming environment for elementary aged children (1-6th grade) in our care on Sunday mornings for 1.5 hours. This will include supervised play on Belmont’s playground when the weather permits with the possibility of being in the small gym if needed. This lead is responsible for maintaining safe practices and adhering to CDC protocols, providing supervised play, and potentially facilitating an organized activity for children as needed.
• Trained in best CDC practices for childcare during Covid (or willing to be trained)
• Communicate regularly with Childcare Summer Lead and Childcare Coordinator
• Provide families with a kind, loving, compassionate and safe environment for their children
• Engage with family as they drop off and pickup their children.
• Care for all children in the assigned room by providing physical and emotional care, and safety.
• Engage with the children in interactive play and learning activities.
• Adhere to childcare policies, including but not limited to sign in/out procedures, safe sanctuary, and hand washing.
• Participate in opening and closing the Childcare area including turning on/off lights, setting up the room, cleaning toys, wiping tables and sweeping the
floor if inside.
• Attend any training or further education as offered or deemed necessary.
• Assist in keeping attendance of children
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Punctual and dependable
Will be working in a children’s classroom or playground for 2 hours a week and may be required to wear a mask
Will need a computer/ internet/ phone connection for email and phone communication
Anti-discrimination and anti-harrassment policy: Belmont United Methodist Church strives to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. We will not permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military status, veteran status, disability, handicap, or any other legally protected category under applicable federal or state law. This standard of conduct applies to all managers, supervisors, employees, customers, and vendors.
Masks are required.