Job Title: Childcare Coordinator
Type: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Hours: Approximately 10 hours weekly Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, with occasional extra hours for Wednesday evening events, or other special events based on various church activities and coordinating.
Rate: $15-20/ hour, commiserate with experience
Reports to: Pastor of Children and Discipleship
Summary: Belmont United Methodist Church is a community of Christ-followers growing in love of God and neighbor. This is what we at Belmont UMC believe Christian discipleship is, what we are to be, and what Jesus meant when he sent his followers to “make disciples.” We believe every person is of sacred worth and created in God’s image. We commit to Jesus’ example of inclusive love, care, and intentional hospitality with persons of every race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, faith story, physical or mental ability, economic status, or political perspective. We respect our diversity of opinion and expressions of faith. Therefore, as God loves us, so let us love and serve in the name of Christ.
This position supports this mission by providing caring and safe childcare to Belmont’s youngest children. The Childcare Coordinator is responsible for providing a safe and welcoming environment for children in our care including coordinating care, maintaining parent relations and effective communication.
– Trained in best CDC practices for childcare during Covid and able to train other childcare staff (or willing to be trained)
• Coordinate schedules and supervise the nursery and childcare staff including
Golden Triangle Fellowship volunteers.
• Receive and respond to childcare reservations from members and staff to coordinate childcare as needed.
Work with Facility Coordinator and Communications to reserve space and ensure childcare is available.
• Work in conjunction with the Pastor of Children’s Ministry to train the staff in policy, procedures and Safe Sanctuary.
• Communicate regularly with childcare and nursery staff and volunteers to ad-
dress concerns, answer questions, and inform of events related to the ministry.
Communicate concerns to Pastor of Children’s Ministry including space sharing
• Provide families with a kind, loving, compassionate and safe environment for
• Engage with family as they drop off and pickup their children.
• Care for all children in the assigned room by providing physical and emotional
care, and safety.
• Engage with the children in interactive play and learning activities.
• Adhere to childcare policies, including but not limited to sign in/out procedures, safe sanctuary, diapering, feeding, toileting and hand washing.
• Supervise opening and closing the Nursery/Childcare area including turning on/off lights, setting up the room, cleaning toys, wiping tables and sweeping the floor.
• Attend and participate in the Children’s Ministry Team meetings as a representative for childcare staff.
• Attend any training or further education as offered or deemed necessary.
• Assist in keeping attendance of children
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• CPR Certified or will obtain certification
• At least 1 year of previous experience preferred
• Punctual and dependable
Will be working in a nursery classroom or playground for 6 hours a week and may be required to wear a mask
Will need a computer/ internet/ phone connection for email and phone communication
Anti-discrimination and anti-harrassment policy: Belmont United Methodist Church strives to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. We will not permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military status, veteran status, disability, handicap, or any other legally protected category under applicable federal or state law. This standard of conduct applies to all managers, supervisors, employees, customers, and vendors.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
Masks must be worn