Once again, we have been called to use our voices in solidarity with our uninsured neighbors along with our neighbors whose health care will be at risk if the American Heath Care Act (AHCA) passes through Congress. This plan will not work for Tennesseans.
Here are just three out of the many reasons why.
- Puts 2 million Tennesseans at risk of losing their coverage or face increase costs;
- Raises premiums for millions of Americans, raising costs for Tennesseans buying marketplace coverage on average by $5,709;
- Guts protections for millions with pre-existing conditions, affecting 2.8 million Tennesseans
Here are three key actions that you can take this week.
- Call your representative in D.C. at 888-852-0653. Then, call your representative’s local district office.
- Call Senator Lamar Alexander’s Office: 202-224-4944 and Senator Bob Corker’s: 202-224-3344, as well.
- Attend and/or help organize a Candlelight Vigil in your area. Events are being planned across the state.
Tell your Representative and our Senators that the AHCA doesn’t work for Tennessee.
Ask them to Vote No on the American Health Care Act.