ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH
Nolensville First United Methodist Church, Nolensville, Tennessee
Nolensville First UMC is seeking a Deacon to lead the Children’s Ministry and help the church develop outreach opportunities in the community to carry the gospel outside of the walls of the church. We envision this position being evenly split between children’s ministry and outreach ministry. The ideal candidate has a heart for children’s ministry and the skill set for effective outreach to and connection with the community.
Direct Supervisor: Pastor of NFUMC
SPPRC Liaison: TBD
Position: Full Time
Children’s Ministry Overview and Responsibilities:
The pastor of Children’s Ministry and Community Outreach will be accountable for building and maintaining church programs and activities that foster the spiritual growth of children from birth through the 5th grade, and with the partnership of other church leadership, for empowering, encouraging and supporting the family in providing spiritual leadership and example in the home.
• Demonstrate a passion for Christ and God’s Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry to Children and families.
• Serve as the chair of the Children’s Council and lead the mission and vision planning for the children’s programs, communicating this mission and vision to the church and the community.
• Coordinate children’s church, Sunday School, Family Nights, nursery, and other special events for children and families throughout the year
• Manage annual Vacation Bible School program by recruiting and managing staff and volunteers.
• Actively seek, empower, and equip volunteer support for all children’s activities
• Uphold and encourage a safe environment for the children of our church with compliance to Safe Sanctuary Policy to include maintaining safety records for children
• Give input into budgetary needs during the yearly budgeting process and utilize the Children’s Ministry Budget to reach Children’s Ministry goals.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Church committee meetings to achieve the goals of the church and live into the vision of the church
• Provide detailed and timely communication with parents, children, fellow staff members, and the congregation regarding events and programming
• Create monthly newsletter information for church activities for children and families
Community Outreach Ministry Overview and Responsibilities:
The pastor of Children’s Ministry and Community Outreach will be accountable for developing and creating opportunities for the church to engage in the community and foster a means of sharing the gospel outside the church and enriching spiritual development.
• Demonstrate a passion for Christ and God’s Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry with an emphasis on evangelism and mission.
Outreach Ministry Responsibilities
• Identify, develop, and lead volunteers of all ages in the outreach ministry to the community
• Develop marketing strategies to create awareness in the community of the Church’s missions and opportunities for involvement and service
• Oversee the marketing and informational tools available to reach the community, utilizing both technology and relationships with influencers in the community
• In the role of clergy, actively teach, preach, and empower others in the work of evangelism.
• Give input into budgetary needs during the yearly budgeting process and utilize the Outreach budget to reach the Church’s goals.
• Work with the staff, volunteers, and committee groups of NFUMC to ensure that ministries and activities of the church are reaching the needs of the community.