Position type: Non -exempt
Expected Hours of Work: 20-25 hours per week. Sunday availability is a plus, but not required. Director should expect to work Wednesday evenings.
To apply, please email your Resume, Cover Letter, and three References to email@example.com by noon CST August 31st
Job Summary: Fellowship UMC is seeking a creative and innovative leader for our adult ministries. Leader will partner with existing small group leaders, plan and develop large group studies, and serve as point of contact for existing volunteer led Men’s and Women’s ministries.
Essential Functions: This position is best suited for individuals who are passionate about helping adults grow deeper in their relationship with Christ, the church, and each other. Individuals who work well with others, have a basic understanding of Methodist theology, and are willing to grow and learn are encouraged to apply.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
– Plan and facilitate large group studies in conjunction with Wednesday night programming
– Collaborate with small group leaders, Children’s Ministry, and church leadership in the planning and implementation of church wide events
– Maintain and update social media, promoting adult ministry activities both within and outside the church
– Able to train on and use Planning Center and Church Center, train small group leaders on use of same
– Coordinate and implement special events/activities/groups such as GriefShare, Date Nights, etc.
– Ensure that Adult Ministries functions within budget specifications
– Attendance at weekly staff meetings
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Prior experience in Family/Adult Ministry Preferred
Employee may occasionally be asked to lift or move office supplies or other items, up to 25 pounds.
Sitting, standing, typing, and use of office equipment such as computers/copiers/scanners should be expected.