Principal Functions for this position: To support worship and the music/fine arts ministries
Reports to: Minister of Music
• Create and distribute worship bulletins and scripts for weekly and special services, concerts, and other activities as needed.
• Copy Worship CD’s for shut-ins and special requests.
• Manage Music department rosters including adult, children, youth, and handbell choirs. Coordinate with the director of membership to make sure information shared with church databases.
• Manage music department robes including robe assignment lists and coordinating annual cleaning.
• Execute financial administration of the worship and music department including invoices and payroll.
• Order supplies for worship.
• Coordinate with the Senior Pastor’s Administrative Assistant and with the Associate Minister of Music on musicians for weddings.
• Produce monthly Chancel Choir newsletter.
• Coordinate Chancel Choir seasonal birthday celebrations.
• Coordinate annual Chancel Choir retreat.
• Produce annual Chancel Choir photo directory.
• Coordinate with Senior Administrative Assistant on facility needs including facility (gold sheet) requests and child care requests.
• Included among staff who cover the front desk when receptionist is on break or absent
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance at job site.
• Solid interpersonal skills using tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
• Ability to shift between changing priorities, working with accuracy and speed
• Ability to listen, learn and communicate effectively
• Focus, discipline and ability to self-direct work with minimal direct supervision
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word and Publisher) and Google Mail with speedy and accurate data input skills
• Model teamwork and cooperative decision-making in work with staff
• Ability to meet deadlines
Light physical activity performing, non-strenuous daily tasks of an administrative nature with moderate noise. Well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Physical Demands: To coordinate work, ability to sit for long periods of time, able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms (occasionally overhead), stoop, kneel, talk to and hear staff and visitor requests, and also occasionally lifts or carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature, using close vision with moderate noise.
Continuous work on a computer to carry out daily tasks.
Ability to use general office equipment to include but not limited to using a multi-line phone system, a multi-function copier, automated folding machine, multifunction printer, fax machine, and postage machine.
Part-time Position: Non-Exempt/ Tuesday-Thursday/25hours weekly. Must be able to attend Tuesday afternoon worship staff meetings
Please submit your application by going to the church’s website at http://www.westendumc.org/administrative-assistant
Please contact Melanie Paulson if you prefer a paper copy of the application: 615-321-8500