• Build strong relationships with children by engaging children; calling them by name and creating a warm caring environment
• Provide a safe and pleasant atmosphere for the children– be vigilant with children while children play so that children might be safe while in our care
• Follow the Safe Sanctuary Policy of West End UMC
• Complete a child accident report for all injuries and return to the supervisor
• Set aside and clean toys that are mouthed, sneezed on, or handled by children in questionable health
• Insure that room is set up to receive the children with name tags, parent sign in clipboard, age appropriate choices, and activities and chairs off of tables
• Clean up the room before departure: tables washed, materials used returned to their proper place, baby blankets and sheets placed in laundry, required paperwork submitted (ex. parent sign-in sheet)
• Desire and ability to interact with young children
• Must be able to coordinate work, constantly move about, able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms (occasionally overhead), stoop, kneel, talk to and hear staff and parent requests, and also occasionally lift or carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Must have the physical capacity to quickly and safely evacuate a classroom should the need arise. Must be able to think and move quickly, to remain physically active throughout the day in order to address the needs of children.
Part-time Position: Non-Exempt/ Every Sunday from 8:00am to 12:30pm. Occasional variations or exceptions occur. May work for church meetings and events throughout the week.