The Tennessee Annual Conference will be Wednesday through Friday, June 12 – 14, 2019, at Brentwood UMC in Brentwood, TN. Important details will be provided at your Pre-Conference Briefing on May 19. A detailed conference schedule will be available online and in the Annual Conference App in early June.
Below are some schedule highlights to assist you with planning:
- Check-In will begin at 7:30 a.m. each day. Please look for signs where to check in.
- Opening Worship begins at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, June 12, in the Brentwood UMC Sanctuary. The Rev. Dr. Davis Chappell will preach.
- Clergy Executive Session at 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary. This larger space will better accommodate all of our clergy!
- Laity Session will be at 1 p.m. in the Sanctuary.
- The Service of Licensing, Commissioning & Ordination at 7 p.m. in the Brentwood Sanctuary. Bishop William McAlilly will preach.
- Voting device distribution will begin at 7:30 am, be sure to check the annual conference webpage and app for distribution location. If you have voting credentials to elect the General Conference and Jurisdictional Conference delegation, make plans to be there early that morning to receive your device.
- Morning Worship at 8:30 a.m. followed by voting for delegates to 2020 General Conference & Jurisdictional Conference.
- A business session is scheduled for after dinner to accommodate additional voting if needed.
- Morning Worship at 8:30 a.m. followed by a business session
- Memorial Service at 11 a.m. The Rev. Dr. Kennard Murray will preach.
- Business will continue beginning at 2 p.m. and will close with a Service of Sending Forth and Setting of Appointments. Rev. Nancy Parker will preach. We ask that you encourage your ministry interns to attend this service to be commissioned.
Please check the annual conference webpage, tnumc.org/AC2019, for up-to-date schedule information.