Worship & Arts Administrative Director
Send resumes to email@example.com
Position Type: Exempt
Category: Regular, Full-time position
Reports to: Director of Worship & Arts
Ministry Summary/Objective: The mission of the Worship & Arts Department is to provide opportunities to worship and glorify God, touch lives, and find inspiration to be the hands and feet of Christ in our world. The administrative team of this department provides coordination and support for all Worship & Arts services, choirs and ensembles, and departmental special events. The administrative director delegates projects and assignments based on the changing needs of the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Collaborate with all staff (department, clergy, executive director, etc.) to accomplish goals
• Participate in and contribute to the Worship & Arts Team
• Coordinate worship service planning, logistics, and Sunday morning meetings
• Coordinate with the Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry departments when scheduling events, service participation, retreats, etc.
• Attend Sunday morning services as scheduled for coordination of volunteers and clergy
• Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers for assigned ministries and tasks (e.g. altar guild, ushers, communion servers, scripture readers, bulletin stuffers, acolytes, pew replenishers)
• Bring new process ideas to the team for continuous improvement of the department
• Ensure timely and accurate communication of all Worship & Arts events and services
• Provide administrative support for department coordinating tasks assignments with administrative assistant
• Oversee purchase order process, payments, filing, and maintenance of departmental budget records
• Assist Director of Worship & Arts and Director of Choral Ministries with calendar management for administrative tasks related to facilities, communication, service and special event planning, purchasing, and finance
• Schedule events and special services in eSpace software
• Assist Director of Choral Ministries with choir tours, retreats, and special concerts
• Facilitate background checks for volunteers as needed
• Attend staff and other departmental meetings (monthly staff meetings, weekly department meetings, weekly worship planning meetings, and L3 team meetings)
• Back up Reception Desk upon request
WEB-PAGE AND DATABASE DUTIES
• Oversee communication requests for timely completion of projects
• Update department webpage as needed
• Execute timely and accurate data entry into Arena for assigned ministries
• Run Arena reports and prepare presentations of data as assigned
• Oversee participant registrations for events, retreats, and trips
• Leadership skills and experience in supervising, coaching, and evaluation staff performance
• Understanding basic finance and budgeting processes
• High level of competency in Microsoft Office software and other web-based technology (e.g. Facebook and other social media webpages) with ability to learn computer programs quickly and use them proficiently (e.g. Arena church management system, event scheduling and registration software)
• Effective written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
• Competent in developing and implementing structures, systems, and policy/procedures for worship and arts programs and events
• Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
• Strong relationship skills and the ability to handle sensitive/crisis situations with compassion
• Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
• Enjoys a team environment and is service-oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent experience/certification required
• Three (3) – five (5) years of administrative experience required
This position supervises the administrative assistant and coordinates the administrative work of the department.
• Coordinate, assign, and manage the workflow of administrative needs for the department
• Supervise workflow and tasks, while also approving timesheets and managing leave schedules
• Meet regularly with administrative assistant for evaluation, review, and feedback on work tasks and flow
This position operates in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. The position routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position is mostly sedentary and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time while coordinating worship services and other special events. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Sunday mornings 7:00a – 10:45a with other hours scheduled Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Position may require additional hours during certain projects. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.