Position Type: Exempt
Category: Regular, Full-time position
Reports to: Director of Finance
Send resumes to email@example.com
The Staff Accountant is responsible for bank reconciliations, preparation of monthly journal entries and financial reports, and other accounting projects assigned by director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations
• Reconcile accounts and post journal entries for monthly financial reports
• Review and code credit card statements monthly
• Finance department liaison to satellite campuses
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
• Assist with review of purchase orders, vendor follow up, posting to general ledger and payment of accounts payable
• Backup for payroll processing and cash applications
• Process grant requests for the Brentwood UMC Foundation Board
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Able to reach and understand technical forms and financial reports
• Strong aptitude in Word and Excel
• Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
• Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
• Enjoys a team environment and is service-oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associate degree in accounting or related field preferred
• Two (2) – three (3) years in accounting, bookkeeping or related experience
• Experience in a non-profit environment a plus, but not required
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operations in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position is mostly sedentary and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Position may require additional hours during certain projects.
Travel will not routinely be required. Exceptions would be to attend a job-related conference or driving in town to off-site meeting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.