Digital Content Coordinator
Brentwood United Methodist Church
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Category: Regular, Three-Quarter position (25 hours/week)
Reports to: Creative Director
Send resumes to email@example.com
Develop and manage content, search engine optimization (SEO), and analytics for digital platforms. Under direction of Creative Director manages daily operations of activities relating to digital content to share the story and mission of Brentwood UMC to congregation and community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DIGITAL CONTENT DUTIES
• Understand creative concepts as defined in Creative Brief and bring them to life through outstanding product design
• Develop and manage content for web pages and social media posts
• Day-to-day contact for website vendor to generate new pages, update current pages, assign web navigation, and resolve problems. Optimize web content, including site architecture, URL structures, title tags, header tags, and copy for maximized indexing and keyword relevancy
• Manage church-wide marketing platforms to ensure content is creative and current through the year
• Create and distribute weekly online newsletter
• Upload weekly sermon audio and video to church web page
• Create artwork and posts for email templates and social media outlets in collaboration with Graphic Production Specialist
• Add new employee access to the website and provide employee training for updating content
• Keep current in digital marketplace trends bringing creative ideas to the Communication Team meetings
• Coordinate and manage the development and production of communication materials such as weekly email announcements, seasonal events and services, and online communications
• Assist with content writing and proofing of copy for print projects
• Attend Communications Team meetings participating in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, assist in project development, and report on status of projects
• High level of competency in MAC-based Microsoft Office software, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (CC Suite), content management systems (CMS), search engine optimization (SEO), Google Analytics, WordPress, MailChimp, and other social media platforms with ability to learn computer programs quickly and use them
• Excellent written, verbal, client-facing, and internal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy and the passion for storytelling
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
• Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
• Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
• Enjoys a team environment and is service-oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field
• Two (2) – three (3) years of related experience
• Photography and photo editing experience a plus
• Understanding of Donald Miller’s StoryBrand a plus
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position can be sedentary and is required to talk, see, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday – Thursday, 25 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.