Job Title: Director of Next Generational Ministries – Youth
Reports to: Senior Pastor with accountability to Staff-Parish Relations Committee
The Director of Next Generational Youth Ministries at Gallatin First United Methodist Church shall create a loving Christian education environment for children from infancy through 12th grade and their families, with an emphasis on grades 6 through 12. Position requires the demonstration of an intimate relationship with God and understanding of United Methodist doctrine. Recruits, leads, equips, organizes, and supports lay persons who are called to use their gifts in ministry with youth. Coordinates and nurtures the educational programs of children, youth, and their families.
• Oversee and perform continued development of the Safe Sanctuary Policies and Procedures in compliance with United Methodist Church and insurance requirements and adhere to all Safe Sanctuary rules and procedures. Perform needed background checks for employees and ensure all volunteers working with youth have current background checks and proper training.
• Coordinate with the Director of Next Generational Children’s Ministries all responsibilities pertaining to youth and children’s services, events, and activities.
• Supervise youth volunteers, conveying to them the philosophy, rules–including Safe Sanctuary rules–and other regulations of youth and family programs. Ensure youth volunteers adhere to said rules.
• Develop and select curricula for Christian education for youth.
• Schedule and coordinate confirmation classes in collaboration with the Director of Next Generational Children’s Ministries.
• Lead in worship when requested by Senior Pastor.
• Report any safety or health concerns to the appropriate people.
• Lead EN2OW2 (Enabling, Nurture, Next Generational, Outreach, Worship and Witness) leadership area as assigned.
• Provide adequate staffing for all church services and events that include youth.
• Attend all regular and called meetings relating to youth (i.e., Council of Stewards, Next Gen Council, and weekly staff meetings).
• Perform other duties as may be necessary and assigned.
Job Knowledge and Skills
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college, at least one year of full-time work experience with children and youth, or equivalent education/work experience.
• Training and experience in Christian education and adolescent development.
• Demonstrated awareness of modern culture, social trends, and how they relate to a youth’s faith journey.
• Strong Christian faith with a genuine love for children and youth and a dynamic and enthusiastic attitude about being with children and youth. Demonstrated understanding of United Methodist beliefs. Commitment to the spiritual heritage, doctrine, traditions, and social principles of the church, exemplifying Christian character through a life of prayer, spiritual discipline, and leadership in the life of the church.
• Demonstrated excitement and commitment to the mission and vision of the Church including ability to build relationships and motivate others with new, creative, and effective ways to stimulate growth in youth activity attendance. Encourages outreach with youth by being involved in the community, always keeping an open mind demonstrating a willingness to learn.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Friendly and outgoing personality with high energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
• Proven ability to work with various types of people and collaborate with all levels of staff members.
• Sensitivity to confidential matters a must.
Pay Classification: Full-time, Salary
FLSA Status: Exempt
Annual Rate: $40,000, depending upon education and experience
Interested candidates email firstname.lastname@example.org.