Assistant to Program Staff – TN Conference Office of the United Methodist Church
Director of Connectional Ministries with direction from the Director of Next Gen Discipleship and the Director of Communications
As a member of the Connectional Ministries staff, the Program Assistant will provide administrative support and collaborate closely with the Director of Communications and the Director of Next Gen Ministries, other Connectional Ministries staff and relevant Conference Committees.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Vital, personal Christian faith and spiritual life
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Self-starter with initiative to take ownership of work
• Knowledge of office administration
• Knowledge of word processing programs; skills in using/learning a wide variety of computer programs and technologies including Microsoft and Apple software systems. Adobe experience helpful.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Flexibility in a willingness to work occasional weekends and evening hours as needed and ability to travel by car as necessary to church locations throughout the conference.
• Degree in related field preferred but may substitute 3-5 years of administrative experience and/or training
Work Schedule and Number of Hours:
• Full-time, 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday
• Professional office environment
Provide administrative support to ensure that operations of the ministry are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. Direct support for Communications and Next Gen Directors.
• Provides information by directing telephone calls and responding to inquiries
• Manages agendas, arranges travel, schedules and prepares space for meetings
• Assists in the preparation of financial plans/reports and budgets
• Records, monitors and processes invoices and ministry expenditures for CM program teams
• Arranges for payment of honorariums
• Maintains and updates ministry files and prepares documents and reports
• Maintains confidential records and files; creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices
• Serves Trak-1 Specialist or equivalent National Background Check system
• Alerts communications team when email and website updates are needed.
Member of Connectional Ministries Staff Team:
• Coordinates specific Connectional Ministry events in cooperation with ministry areas
• Contributes to overall office morale, team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals, and providing teams
with needed resources
• Additional duties will be specific to ministry areas and ministry-specific events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment and is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Contact Information and Procedure:
Qualified applicants, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com and specify that you are applying for Program Assistant.