Reports to: District Superintendent
Qualifications and Skills:
- Evidence of intentional discipleship and faith in Jesus Christ
- Knowledge of General, Jurisdictional and Annual Conference Church polity
- Must be committed to the mission of the Tennessee Annual Conference and be able to articulate and be proactive in advocating for the implementation of our mission in local congregations
- Demonstrate a capacity to understand and strategically use data for self-assessment, accountability, and learning in the interest of promoting positive change for congregations in the District
- Ability to focus on the mission of the Tennessee Annual Conference and to model change when necessary
- Ability to articulate the meaning of connectionalism in the United Methodist Church
- Capacity to work collegially with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to discern when information received may be confidential or when such information should be shared and to what level
- Ability to develop rapport with laity and clergy
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
Role and Responsibilities:
- Resourcing of district for increased vitality and effectiveness in local churches
- Assessing vitality and identifying needs according to District strategy
- Developing a network of resources (people, program, curriculum, etc.) to assist congregations in their alignment with mission, vision, and values with the Tennessee Annual Conference.
- Collaborate with the District Superintendent regarding congregations being resourced.
- Serve as a member of the District Operational Team and work with them to implement the strategies of the district
- Strategize with the operational team of District Leadership Strategists and the Director of Connectional Ministries about how to increase the capacity of local churches to make disciples.
- Work with the District Superintendent and District Operational team to create and implement leadership development system of clergy and laity in the district.
- Support of Connectional Ministries Teams
- Work with District Superintendent and District Operational Team to discover and equip leaders to serve on District and Connectional Ministries teams.
- Serve as a link between the District team and the Conference Connectional Ministries team with regard to policies and procedures and stewardship of mission and vision.
Education and Experience:
- Theological training preferred. Completions of Course of Study Work. Supervisory experience helpful.
- Relevant post high school education or work experience required.
- Ability to use email, basecamp, zoom, other basic computer methods of communication
- Ability to use laptop, cell phone, printer, LCD projector, portable screen, speakers
- Full Time
- Extensive travel within the district, some evening and weekend work required
Please send letter of interest, resume’, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Tuesday, September 25th.