Reports to: District Superintendent
Qualifications and Skills:
• Evidence of intentional discipleship and faith in Jesus Christ
• Knowledge of General, Jurisdictional and Annual Conference Church polity
• Must be proactive, committed and able to articulate and advocate the mission of the Tennessee Annual Conference
• Demonstrate a capacity for understanding and being able to strategically use data and information for self-assessment, accountability and learning in the interests of promoting positive communicating change for congregations in the District.
• Ability to focus on the mission of the Tennessee Annual Conference and model of change when necessary
• Ability to articulate the meaning of connectionalism in the United Methodist Church
• Capacity to work collegially with a wide variety of individuals
• Ability to discern when information received may be confidential or to what level such should be shared
• Ability to develop a rapport with laity and clergy
• Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to organize resources and establish priorities
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
Role and Responsibilities:
• Resourcing of district for increased vitality and effectiveness in local churches
o Assessing vitality and identifying needs according to District strategy
o Developing a network of resources (people, program, curriculum, etc.) to assist congregations in their alignment with mission, vision, and values with the Tennessee Annual Conference.
o Collaborate with the District Superintendent regarding congregations being resourced.
o Serve as a member of the District Operational Team and work with them to implement the strategies of the district
o Strategize with the operational team of District Leadership Strategists and the Director of Connectional Ministries about how to increase the capacity of local churches to make disciples.
o Work with the District Superintendent and District Operational team to create and implement leadership development system of clergy and laity in the district.
• Support of Connectional Ministries Teams
o Work with District Superintendent and District Operational Team to discover and equip leaders to serve on District and Connectional Ministries teams.
o Serve as a link between the District team and the Conference Connectional Ministries team with regard to policies and procedures and stewardship of mission and vision.
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree required. Theological training preferred. Supervisory experience helpful.
• Ability to use email, basecamp, zoom, other basic computer methods of communication
• Ability to use a laptop, cell phone, printer, LCD projector, portable screen, speakers
• Full Time
• Extensive travel within the district, some evening and weekend work required
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and list of references by June 18, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org.